Sunday, September 25, 2011

an afternoon at the shore...

Things have gotten very busy of late. Fall swim and Robotic Club have begun. I joined a local Roller Derby team (much more on this later). Putting up 8 cords of wood (and injuring my rotator cuff) and getting the house winter ready.

I have a few back posts I need to get up but thought I would put up some lovely pictures from earlier today. This small beach is about 15 minutes from our home and has the best rocks for rock hunting. The small patch of sand is good for playing as well.

It has been a rough week for me as a parent. So this was a good re-group for me. Just remembering to breathe all day every day is so important in my life and when I get so busy I so quickly forget. Enjoying nature with my children lets me remember in a gentle way.




the tide was really low and the rocks were covered







she hangs on his every word, so precious



Bliss decided to make "sand angels"



experimenting with my camera settings

tiny paper-like seaweed had me captivated at close range

nature is so fascinating and efficient

looks like coral but feels like thin paper


showing it to Soul


yummy neck

9 comments:

luckyduck said...

Gorgeous kids. Soul seems so tall, is she? Thanks for sharing.

bleu said...

Soul IS tall. Lately when we are around 3-4 year olds I swear she seems to be their height. But when I measure her and compare to Bliss at the same age she is a tiny bit shorter than he was, well at 2 she was I have not measured in the past few months and she has had a growth spurt.

battynurse said...

Great pics and it looks like a fabulous day at the beach. Sorry you hurt your shoulder. I hope it's getting better. Miss you bunches.

Unknown said...

Not much the beach can't cure. Gorgeous photos. Can't wait to hear more about roller derby!

N7 said...

i miss you i miss you i miss you!!!! Your babies are GORGEOUS and your pictures are breathtaking- I am so happy youre rocking this photography and blog thing Bleu!!!! I cant tell you how much I miss you and reading you and its so good to pop back and see how beautiful baby Sou is and how she's growing and what an angel Bliss is. You look awesome yourself :)

N7 said...

wtf is my id coming up as N7??? lol it's me Neenie (Swim's mom) Bleu :)

bleu said...

OMFG NEENIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you woman, how the hell are you?????????? I WANT UPDATES PICS AND THE LOT!!!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous kids! We went to PEI 2 summers ago and defiantly want to return to Nova Scotia! We spent an afternoon there.
Glad I found your blog! I was a single mom until 3 years ago and while it had some challenges, it was a magical experience! I am looking forward to reading your blog :)

Kathy said...

Gorgeous kids! We went to PEI 2 summers ago and defiantly want to return to Nova Scotia! We spent an afternoon there.
Glad I found your blog! I was a single mom until 3 years ago and while it had some challenges, it was a magical experience! I am looking forward to reading your blog :)