Thursday, November 12, 2009

a new beginning and a year...

Thanks so much to everyone for your thoughtful support to the last post.

Today....... we began our business.

The day started out with everything going wrong before Lu could even leave in the truck. I spent the day going back and forth to her and we sold very little. But it is all expected and it will get better and I am so glad we have finally begun.

Once we get the flow and things pick up we will hopefully then be able to have the truck painted to look like a lunchbox. For now it is just painted all fresh white. Our name is taped in the upper side window and we look pretty plain. But all that is fine. It has taken so long to get to this place and I am just focusing on the fact that we made it here.

Thanks for all the well wishes, PLEASE continue to send them our way.

I will post more about the business as we get more established.

It is interesting, a year ago tonight I was at a hotel in New Brunswick having spent the day driving Bliss and I around looking at the province. Tomorrow will be a year to the day from when we first saw the town we live in now and a year to the day from the first time in Nova Scotia.

WOW what a difference a year makes.

Thank you Canada, I truly love you so much.

5 comments:

battynurse said...

Glad things are finally going and hope the continue to improve daily. Good luck. Hugs to all of you.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Congratulations on getting the business up and going. It will take time to unfold, to find your groove, but the first step is a huge step.

Billy said...

Yay for beginning the business!
As you said, this is the beginning, and I'm sure things will become better!

Tobacco Brunette said...

I'm so not in the blogging loop these day, but am away on a conference and now have a chance to catch up. I'm so glad that all is going well for you and your beautiful family. Good luck with the business.

XOXO

Kim C said...

Congratulations! Your strong will and determination will make it work. Good for you! I'm also glad you are loving Canada so much. I can't wait to see more photos of the completed truck and your house and property.